A fund specifically for the Thunder Indigenous Rugby Program has been setup, the donation form is attached below.
The Thunder continue to soar, promoting the great game of rugby to Indigenous communities in Canada. The Thunder focus on Sevens Rugby, an exciting version of rugby which is now recognized as an Olympic Sport.
Goals: Thunder Rugby aims to offer a structured vehicle to promote the game of rugby to Indigenous communities and to identify potential high performance Indigenous athletes. Thunder Rugby hopes to provide Indigenous youth with improved opportunities for advanced education and personal growth through the connections and values of rugby.
- Fund an annual rugby tour for Indigenous Youth, starting with NZ in 2022
- Develop a full-time Thunder Rugby Development officer position
- Continue to offer Summer Rugby Camps for Indigenous Youth
- Showcase Indigenous athletes at 7s tournaments
- Grow programs for U18, U16 and U14 Indigenous youth
- Introduce rugby to Indigenous communities
- Expand coaching staff and facilitate coach development.
SELECT THUNDER INDIGENOUS RUGBY IN THE FUND LIST BELOW