The Governance Committee is a committee of the Board of Directors appointed at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee is responsible for supporting the board in its governance of the Foundation in accordance with appropriate standards and practice by developing, recommending and assisting with the implementation of processes, procedures and policies.
The principal duties of the Committee are to:
- Advise the board on all matters regarding the governance of the Foundation.
- Review and update the bylaws of the Foundation from time to time as required to achieve clarity, consistency and compliance with legislative requirements and good practice.
- Provide recommendations on matters of process, procedure and policy as requested by the board from time to time.
- Assist the chair of the board and senior management of the foundation in all matters related to governance, including the recruitment and orientation of new directors and the encouragement of diversity and inclusion on the board.
- Advise the board on the status of existing Board members, and nominations of new Directors, and research and solicit potential new Board candidates.
The committee will develop and follow such procedures as it will determine from time to time, including the appointment of its chair; provided that it will meet at least quarterly and will report to the board on its activities at least annually.
The committee will comprise no fewer than three and no more than three members, at least a majority of whom will be directors of the foundation. The 2021-2022 Committee members are:
- Mike Holmes
- Jeff Chan