A fund specifically for the Thunder Indigenous Rugby Program has been setup, the donation form is attached below.
The Thunder continue to soar, promoting the great game of 7’s rugby to Indigenous communities in Canada. The Thunder focus on Sevens Rugby, an exciting version of rugby, and is now recognized as an Olympic Sport.
Goals: The Thunder aims to offer a structured vehicle to promote the game of rugby to Indigenous communities and to identify potential high performance Indigenous athletes that could one day represent Canada.
- Develop a full-time Thunder Rugby Development officer position
- Continue to offer Summer Rugby Camps for Indigenous Youth
- Showcase Indigenous athletes at 7s tournaments
- Grow programs for U18, U16 and U14 Indigenous youth
- Introduce rugby to Indigenous communities
- Expand coaching staff and facilitate coach development.